If in the past lessons of #eraDigitala we talked about the importance of websites and mobile applications in your marketing strategy, today we focus on content. Along with text and images, video content has become very popular and is perhaps the most powerful tool in online marketing.
Here's what this blog post covers:
- How technology impacts video content.
- How to promote your business through video.
- Why video content will stay trending.
How has technology improved online video?
Let's go back in time to the days when we connected to the Internet through dial-up modems. You had to call the internet provider, it would beep like a fax machine, and downloading a song, not a video, took 40 minutes.
It's understandable why video promotion wasn't that popular back then.
Coming back to the present, we notice that technology has progressed enormously. Starting from internet costs that are much lower, to much faster speed. The link to the videos? We do these with the help of increasingly high-performance devices, and the evolution of technology can only make us happy.
How to promote your business through video?
Speaking of technology, new software allows us to upload videos at a very good quality, efficiently.
Thus we can see the video content on PC, laptop, tablet, mobile phone, instantly, no matter where we are, at the gym or even on the plane, and at home directly on the TV through the new software or consoles.
Because we have very easy access to video content, it is now used for:
- to educate us, to amuse us
- to get information
- and even to promote our business.
As we said, video content is a very important tool for online marketing and there are several ways you can reach your customers:
- You can create commercial videos to share directly on your business website, YouTube or other social networks like Vimeo
- You can embed the link to the video uploaded to YouTube in a blog post on your website
- You can also create 360-degree product presentation videos, so people can see what you're selling much more clearly, avoiding objections that may arise after the purchase. They can either be uploaded to your website or you can use them in paid or informative social media posts.
Video content will still be trending even 5-10 years from now.
Experts predict that the popularity of video promotion will grow even more in the coming years. Using video promotion you can become authentic and thus surpass your competition. It is a suitable method for both small and large businesses.
If you stay with us, you will see how we can develop a marketing strategy through video content.
We'll show you how to create and promote these videos. Then we'll even discuss how you can measure their performance.